EZ-Leads Pty Ltd
What’s on this page?
When you provide personal information to us via the System you are consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the terms and conditions of the System. You may decline to submit personal information to us, but this means that you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the System.
What is personal information?
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect certain personal information about subscribers of the System. The most common types of information we collect are things like: names, email addresses, agent number, agency details, other contact details, payment information, transactional details, support queries, forum comments and web analytics data.
When do we collect personal information?
We will collect personal information from you when:
- you register an account with the System;
- you access the System; and
- you contact us.
Do we collect personal information about you from other subscribers?
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction and other subscribers with whom you engage through the System) and by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the System and provide you with the services accessible through the System, including to verify your identity when you sign in to the System, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the System, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- customise our services and System for advertising and other purposes in order to provide a more personalised experience;
- update you with operational news and information about our System including website disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the System;
- monitor activity on the System, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the subscriber terms and conditions that apply to the System;
- manage our relationship with you, responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the System or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to third parties where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the System available to you, when we are required to do so by law or when you give us permission to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate. Although unlikely, it is possible that your information may be stored on servers that are located outside Australia.
These servers are hosted by companies that follow similar security and access controls and use similar data encryption processes.
How can you access your personal information?
You may access and update or correct the information we hold about you whenever you choose to do so.
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on the System.
You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information.
You may also close the account you have with us for our System at any time. To make an access or correction request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When can you opt-in and opt-out of communications from us?
Where we have your consent to do so, we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive. You can request more information at email@example.com.
If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an ‘unsubscribe’ facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things such as the subscriber terms and conditions, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our System you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our System may not work properly in your case.
How do cookies and web analytics work?
Cookies are used to enhance your use of the System, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimise or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the System.
When you visit our System, there is certain information that is recorded by way of web analytics which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal who you are. We only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. If you are logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account, including:
- your IP or proxy server IP;
- basic domain information;
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the System;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at;
- the website which referred you to our System; and/or
- the operating system which your computer uses.
What about information you make public or give to other subscribers?
When you make your personal information available to other subscribers, we cannot control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that information. If you are concerned, you should ask them how they will handle your information.
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of privacy. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway.
How can you contact us?
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with Australian privacy law, you can make a complaint to us in writing. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.